What is a Rotarian?
Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves. Rotarians are members of Rotary clubs. Rotary clubs belong to Rotary International. To become a Rotarian, you must be invited to join a Rotary club by a member of that club.
A qualified candidate for Rotary club membership is an adult of good character and good business, professional or community reputation. The candidate fits one of the following criteria:
- Holds or has held an executive position with discretionary authority in any worthy and recognized business or profession.
- Serves or has served as a community leader.
- Seeks to broaden their involvement with the community and their world through Rotary.
- Has a schedule flexible enough to attend a Rotary meeting approximately once a week.
- Has the time and interest in giving back to the Salem community through projects organized by Rotary.